GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I am going to try to keep my positions in lithium and nickle...

1. 736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    I am going to try to keep my positions in lithium and nickle intact but clearly there is an increasing risk of a sustained economic downturn if US monetary policy cannot arrest deteriorating global sentiment. I have been skeptical that the current US administration wants a rapprochement with China and that this tariff battle seems to have an overriding geopolitical strategic imperative that outweighs the short term impact to US GDP and equity markets. This is in addition to the larger debt crisis facing the Chinese economy that in itself would see both Chinese and Australian growth falling even T+ 6 months from a strategic reset between the US and China.

https://chinapower.csis.org/china-face-looming-debt-crisis/

With this in mind I am starting to cross some of my defensive positions into the BEAR ETF as I did late last year. I am hopeful that longer term strategic machinations at government level to capture the emergent EV supply chains by Europe and Asia is enough to offset most weakness in new energy minerals if a minor or sustained economic downturn occurs. I am also not calling an economic downturn, just recognizing the increasing risk that is being priced into markets and responding accordingly.

GLTAH biggrin.png

Stocks tumble, bonds rally as U.S. recession risk flashes 'amber'

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Investors dumped shares on Monday and fled to the safety of bonds while the Japanese yen hovered near a six-week high as risk assets fell out of favour on growing worries about an impending U.S. recession, sending global yields plunging.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-markets/stocks-tumble-bonds-rally-as-u-s-recession-risk-flashes-amber-idUSKCN1R50Z4

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.