GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I appreciate your attempt to try to understand the reasons why...

1. 2,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1642
    I appreciate your attempt to try to understand the reasons why the share price has tanked. I think you have made some good points, particularly about the need to bring on board someone who knows a bit more about running a chemical plant and mine (which they have now done with the new CEO announcement). I agree with you about the need to replace some other members of the board, and I'd probably be looking at the Chairman as one who should be removed.

However these are not the reasons for the stock price being depressed, as evidenced by that updated Top 20 shareholders list which shows a high institutional ownership. Even more interestingly, that updated list also revealed that some of those companies that have been bagging GXY and the lithium sector in general and promoting the lithium oversupply story have in fact been buying themselves.

Manipulation is the real reason for the share price being where it is and that has been obvious for a long time. It appears the short holders have been trying to cover for some time by pushing the price down a few pips every day (and it doesn't take much) in order to scare a few more retail holders into selling. At some stage though there will be a catalyst for a price increase (maybe with the release of the quarterly activities report) and the shorts will have to cover because more buyers will be hopping on anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.