GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-8206

1. 2,533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1690
    Hi AC, I always feel so much better after I have read these kinds of posts that you are so famous for putting up. You said the other day that you got into lithium primarily for altruistic reasons. Because you see renewables as a way to a better world, a cleaner environment and a way to address climate change and all that. I thought hey that's interesting because that is the reason I was initially attracted to GXY so many years ago. However with the share price being as it now is, I'm finding these days that my thoughts are increasingly turning to financial sustainability than environmental sustainability. I just can't believe the regulators have allowed such rampant manipulation and destruction to share price of a financially viable enterprise like GXY to happen and not start asking questions. Sure, I can understand how companies carrying huge debt and with sub-standard resources and the like can be shorted. But for GXY to be shorted the most when it has achieved all the things that you have just outlined in your post is just stupid.

Anyway, I wondered if you might have some thoughts about what the reasons and/or consequences of all this shorting of GXY might be. I was warned a long time ago that this kind of onslaught is a standard way of facilitating a low-ball takeover. I wonder if you have any thoughts about that? I was also warned that this kind of thing if often facilitated by company insiders which I would like to think is not the case here, but who knows.

I also wondered if you might have any thoughts about what you would regard as a reasonable share price, both now and in the future (say 12 months from here). Someone posted the other day that GXY was now trading on a P/E of 2:1 which would make the company an amazing bargain if true. But then asb I think it was jumped in and said that figure included the sale of SdV north to POSCO and that the P/E was therefore much lower. I was trying to stay on top of the financials for a long time, but lately have found it all to hard, particularly in the absence of pricing details. There was a time though when I was on top of it all and thought $4.50 was entirely reasonable.

It's very disappointing to see our Government's apathy towards climate change, renewables, EVs, environment and a whole lot of other things. This kind of thing shouldn't be a party line kind of thing. Both parties should be strongly supporting a viable Li sector in Australia and should also start getting tougher on institutional shorting that suppress this kind of development and steals the wealth of investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.