GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

There will be demand for SDV product due to the brine low Opex...

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    Have I missed an asset somewhere or are you seriously trying to paint a G20 member Nation as third world? Your ignorance astounds me at times.

You talk about delayed expansions and suggest GXY would struggle to sell SDV product yet you are treating the asset as though it were marginal spodumene.
    It would be reasonable to assume that SDV could produce BG Li2CO3 under US$5000pt as a worst case scenario. Still leaves plenty of profit margin.
    In situations of oversupply its natural for marginal operators to go offline first. In the lithium chemicals market the marginal operators are non integrated spodumene sourced producers.
    I don't see how SDV could be commissioned prior to H2 2021 in any event
    The expansion delays have fallen mostly on the spodumene side of the equation and any reduction in brine capacity expansions from SQM or Albemarle in Chile have more to do with tax changes and managing their brine quotas.

There will be demand for SDV product due to the brine low Opex advantages. GXY also has funds that would cover Capex for a 10000tpa Li2CO3 operation with any minor shortfall easily bridged by a small debt facility. Between current cash, MtC revenue and <US$50m debt - which would be serviceable with two producing low cost assets - a 10ktpa SDV operation is entirely feasible.

AIMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.