GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Banter and General Comments, page-20152

1. 4,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8059
    I think Nemaska will stay the course with their hydroxide plant, being private has its advantages. As mentioned not many new "Serious" spod producers coming online in North America, and even fewer hydroxide producers. I think you will see a portion of the "Biden Plan" go into creating more of this, but as we all know its a slow push up hill to get these mines going, and in Quebec you can double it.

Tesla for all their banter about clays has told a different story when it comes to alignment with producers. For Asia operation sure they want carbonate, but for North America it is all about hard rock. James Bay has to be on their radar, just can't see it any other way.

As far as I know there were only 3 serious bidders for NAL.
    1. SRG mining - This is a low MC operation out of Quebec that has some backing from Eric Sprout - it seems they are very thinly financed and I don't think they will make the cut.
    2. Sayona / Piedmont - The "Dreamy Eyed" one you referred to - they probably offer the best way forward with NAL by combining ore bodies from 2 mines to make a better product from mediocre ore at NAL. Some backing from Piedmont which could potentially spend the 100M on the the NAL plant instead of spending 400M to build one from scratch in North Carolina, this would give peidmont a faster avenue to hydroxide production so it may work out that they have a % of a hydroxide plant at NAL and another in NC solving a bit of the conversion capacity issues. Funding is a real concern but there could be a streaming deal that could make this work.
    3. Evolution Metals is a one year old company in Florida comprised of mainly investment bankers. They announced when they bid for NAL but have been silent since. No expertise on staff in mining or chemical production, so I feel pretty sure they are not viable to revive this

The NAL saga has now dragged on for 2 years and has been extended over and over again. The latest deadline is the end of April 2021.

Transparency sake - I hold PLL, SYA, GXY, PLS, ORE, LAC and some smaller startups.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.