CXO 0.00% 14.0¢ core lithium ltd

Evening All,I did some further digging into Germany's finance...

1. 1,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1034
    Evening All,

I did some further digging into Germany's finance Ministers comments re ban on the internal combustion engine. It is now apparent that he was NOT speaking about a policy change by the German Government, it was more a personal comment and not supported by the other partners in the three party coalition. He was at a conference of Germany's industrial lobby, the BDI, in Berlin Tuesday and was playing to the audience who are not best pleased about the ban. He has since had to walk back his comments by the other members of the coalition who were furious about his comments.

Lindner's Free Democrats came out against the plan but the legislation is managed by the Greens, who run the environment ministry. The three-party government agreed in March to support the Commission's draft proposal on 2035 car and van emission standards

The Greens’ Environment Minister Steffi Lemke quickly rejected Lindner’s attempt to change the national position on a file critical to Germany’s flagship industry.

In a tweet shortly after making the comments he was less definitive about blocking the agreed government position, instead pushing for the development of alternative fuels.

The European Parliament signed off on the 2035 zero emissions mandate earlier this month. The Council is due to make a final call at a meeting of EU climate and environment ministers on June 28.

The paragraphs above in bold print was taken from the link below

https://www.politico.eu/article/german-finance-minister-against-2035-engine-ban/

The current Government in Germany was elected On the 23 November, following complex coalition talks, the SPD, FDP and Greens formalized an agreement to form a traffic light coalition, which was approved by all three parties. Olaf Scholz and his cabinet were elected by the Bundestag on 8 December. Without the Green party's support the coalition would collapse, so I think its safe to say that the ban will go ahead as planned.

All imo and dyor
    Regards
    FINN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $299.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.5¢ 14.0¢ $435.0K 3.092M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 1229973 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 4365131 53
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.92 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.3¢ 14.5¢ 14.0¢ 3350539
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.