CXO 3.09% 10.0¢ core lithium ltd

My answer is 'cautionary' in nature, based on the MACRO factors...

1. 766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 691
    My answer is 'cautionary' in nature, based on the MACRO factors affecting this sector and most other sectors. Like you I am not down-ramping but trying to be realistic. Although there is a supply deficit currently (and tentatively forecast )....... no-one really knows how deep the global economic downturn and 'manufactured' recessions will bite into the demand side of the equation.

I am for a long time deep into Lithium and other battery materials AGY, AKE, PLS, LTR, MIN, TLG, SYR, and of course CXO. I think the medium term (3-4 years) will be very profitable regardless of Tesla and any other contracted off-take agreements until more supply becomes available.

My view is that companies like Tesla are unlikely to contractually commit to LONG TERM 'guaranteed volume off-take agreements while the world economy is in such a state of flux and I think customers will want CXO to be flexible in this regard. It will be interesting to see how things develop over the next months. I am not sure why the Tesla deal was delayed ? (someone else might be able to shed some light on that) but I suspect it is a case of timing and 'wait and see' where the market is going. There are predictions of a commodity market slump, but how much this slump will effect a lithium market that is currently in supply deficit is the big unknown. I think the future is extremely bright in the medium term for the battery materials sector regardless of what happens with Tesla and other contracted off-takes.

This just my opinion, and not offered as to be taken as financial advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.003(3.09%)
Mkt cap ! $213.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 9.8¢ $1.387M 13.84M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
42 2472934 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 3147367 54
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.