CXO 3.16% 8.2¢ core lithium ltd

You suggesting short made the situation worst.every stock, even...

1. 2,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292

You suggesting short made the situation worst.
    every stock, even blue chips will be affected by shorts at some point in time. But shorts cannot continue forever.

all i know is retailers dont work together like game stop to burn the shorts, so individual must judge for themselves if cxo has the abilities to make a profit...

Core Lithium is a popular ASX lithium share among retail investors. Based on the latest data, approximately 72% of Core Lithium shares are held by the general public. Whereas, that figure is below 60% for even Aussie lithium stalwartsPilbara Minerals Ltd(ASX: PLS) andAllkem Ltd(ASX: AKE).

The relatively low institutional ownership of Core Lithium could be a byproduct of its pre-revenue status. Right now, the company lacks cash-generating operations, which would probably drastically de-risk the investment case for institutions.

Though, the team at Macquarie believes this could change in FY2024 and FY2025. According to its latest note, the broker is pencilling in expectations for solid freecash flowby the previously mentioned financial years.

In light of its cash-producing forecasts, Macquarie has upped its rating on the Core Lithium share price to outperform. Accompanying the upgrade was a $1.30 price target for the lithium project developer — suggesting a potential 25% upside.

Comparing the Core Lithium share price

Despite the company’s absence of earnings, the Core Lithium share price has outperformed its profitable peers in 2022. As shown below, the $1.9 billion company has gained 65% throughout the year, surpassing even the likes ofMinerals Resources Ltd(ASX: MIN).

TradingView Chart

While once richly valued, the Pilbara Mineralsprice-to-earnings (P/E) ratiohas grown reasonably in recent times. Currently, the lithium miner is priced at around 21 times earnings. For Core Lithium to trade a similar valuation, it would need to generate roughly $90 million in post-tax profits

i dont think, cxo can make profit this financial year. If they can within 6mths until end of fin yr 2022-23 that amazing.
    But for 2023-24 financial year, i think cxo can make a net profit of $90m. As such i am holding cxo and not selling. If Li price hold up around the 6k mark, cxo will make more , maybe 150m or more, therefore i think it can justify 1.30$ sp.

now can someone help me get the ability to reply on hc via my pc. I can only reply on my phone which is hard to type. I dont have that function or ability to reply on my pc on hc. Why is that?
    Last edited by Phantom77: 24/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
0.003(3.16%)
Mkt cap ! $174.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.2¢ 7.9¢ $1.470M 18.37M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
96 996921 8.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 1331018 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.