CXO 4.08% 9.4¢ core lithium ltd

It’s about the only resource (together with Sigma, and a few...

1. 435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    It’s about the only resource (together with Sigma, and a few select others) about to come online imminently, to take advantage of the current pricing environment, which will last years, but not forever.

Length of mine is less important when you are talking about resources that take years to develop - profits margins are unlikely to be equivalent to the current environment. It’s not as simple as just comparing resources tonne for tonne - 1t now will fetch a profit margin of up to $5000, whereas in 5 years it could be $1000 or less. You could do the math, and see why there is such a premium on any resource coming online imminently. If you’re earning 5x the profit, you’d be swimming in a lot more cash, and can make the same profit as someone who has to dig up 5x the amount to be equivalent profit wise.

A lot of these resources are also higher cost (by definition, as the ‘easier’ mines are already mostly preselected during the 2018 downturn and selected to be developed), this will significantly cut into profit margins. Again there is no use having a monster resource, if your profit margin is tiny.

As far as I know Core have one of the lowest cost to produce, due to its geology and location.

Lithium isn’t a ‘normal’ metal like iron ore or gold, and a lot of analysts fall into the trap of seeing the resource in a paradigm of a major metal (resource amount being the main indicator), which has much more mature markets and demand patterns. I would argue the value and profitability of lithium in the short term is very much tied to how fast they can bring on their resource to meet unparalleled demand - Core wins on most of these indices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.4¢
Change
-0.004(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $200.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.3¢ $1.602M 16.74M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 335938 9.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 201573 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.36am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.