CXO 0.00% 15.5¢ core lithium ltd

A separate point, Did anyone read the 'Digging Deeper' Article...

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    A separate point, Did anyone read the 'Digging Deeper' Article in this weekend's AFR? re the DLE-R lithium extraction technique. my POV is:
    • Interesting tech, certainly looks to have the potential for extracting lithium from Brine using a simpler method
    • As of yet unproven at scale, so the claims of it being greatly cheaper than mined lithium are yet to be proven. I see zero reports on the Electralith website as to production figures, cost of operation, etc.. Looks very early days. I reckon it's about 2 to 3 years from at-scale usage.

The article says Exxon is looking to move into the lithium business using this tech as it is 'what they are used to doing'... My take is: if this was such a game-changer tech, why announce it to the world? You want to maximize your first-mover advantage and keep this quiet... I think this is a spoiler move by Exxon to 'shock' the market and maybe cheapen stocks they are interested in. A sort of 'partner with us or go out of business' sort of positioning, which is 100% BS as they don't control the tech and many businesses make a living out of drilling holes and extracting materials. Probably more Green washing than anything else.

The site also mentions the DLE-R technique can be applied to hard-rock extraction as well... BTW Elactralith is AU-based...

Be interested in what people think.

Also, the AFR had a front page splash of 'The Lithium Boom, The Hottest Stock for a Warming Planet', we might get a push-up on Monday due to this.

As always DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $325.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 15.8¢ 15.0¢ $633.9K 4.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
131 5347715 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 1699605 105
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
15.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
15.8¢ 15.8¢ 15.0¢ 2595665
Last updated 14.54pm 21/05/2024 ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.