CXO 0.00% 9.1¢ core lithium ltd

Banter and general comments, page-333

1. 2,979 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 866
    Very interesting conversation about everyone's investment mindset and strategy. I agree with the sentiment that the gold is the wildcard that could send the SP anywhere and the lithium should get us to 40c-60c in the next year or so.

I unfortunately sold 4m shares at 5c breakeven when I thought we would be delayed by a year or two as it was not really spare money and I needed it for another investment and could not wait. Still had more than that left though thankfully. What a bad decision that has turned out to be. But here we are and I am putting it down to education. I have sold half my holdings now as we have moved up. Very happy and no regrets thank you very much CXO.

My share investing career only spans 5 years and CXO was my first "serious" money investment. I have learnt alot but the main things are, stick to your investment thesis and back your research. Don't panic but also don't overcommit because that will really stress you out. Trying to time it is impossible so be content in your decisions and move on mentally. Do not dwell on mistakes and never stop learning and researching. Test your assumptions and listen to others who do. Don't listen to the hype (either way) and use it as a contrarian indicator.

I can say now after having a health scare at Xmas that my strategy has changed dramatically(All good now but I got shit scared). Luckily I am in a position where I am not in need of a big win here or there but life can be cut short. So what is it I enjoy? I have realised its not the money but the challenge of the research and the win. Greed is poisonous to your investments and you need to be clear about your selling targets as they are harder to work out than the buying. I know this is very cliche but the more money I have accumulated the happier I definitely have NOT gotten. And yes, until a few years ago I used to laugh at that saying as being all rubbish but it's very, very true. You certainly need it and not having to worry about it is where you should strive to get to, but call it when you have enough and move on.

So for me its about balance and now I am choosing more of everything else that is more important to me. Family, friends, charity, contentment in yourself and experiences.

Get out there and enjoy everything life has to offer my friends because I have never seen anyone come back for a second crack at it when they did not take full advantage of the first chance.

Tacair's very wise quote sums it all up for me.

"The last thing I want to be is the person that talks about the millions I could have had, but because I got greedy, I ended up with only a fraction of it when what I have right now is plenty enough"

I will always hold some CXO for sentimental reasons but I am not sure how much longer this journey will take for me being heavily invested for over 5 years but I feel it is alot closer to the end than the beginning.

Good luck everyone in your journeys!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $194.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.1¢ 9.3¢ 9.0¢ $1.424M 15.59M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97919 9.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.2¢ 1856379 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.