CXO 4.17% 11.5¢ core lithium ltd

Banter and general comments, page-34815

1. 2,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6574
    I'm sure there's more errors, but there is no commercial supply of lithium from seawater. The two sources that are in current commercial production are Brines (concentrated lithium in lakes) and Hardrock (primarily Spodumene with some Lepidolite). I've read that it is technically possible to extract lithium from seawater but its not a commercial reality at anything close to the prices at which Brine/Hard rock can supply lithium.

Current models of Tesla model Y use LFP batteries. LFP batteries are Lithium Iron Phosphate. They don't use Nickel. They don't use Cobalt. A lot of the cobalt supply chain is problematic as the largest supplier is from the DRC. If you aren't using Cobalt then pointing out the mining conditions around Cobalt is kind of irrelevant. While at one point in time quoting NMC chemistries may have been correct. Its not now.

As per below, Telsa's Model Y uses LFP. I think Tesla may have used NMC for its Model Y but it is now using LFP.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5807/5807076-9027330ae58233dba9709b68365d0f6f.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.