CXO 5.10% 9.3¢ core lithium ltd

Banter and general comments, page-36550

1. 2,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    This was the second also relevant part to the discussion.

"Don't quote me on this figure as I cant for the life of me find the article I read it in again but there are approximately 26 sodium ion plant either in construction or currently planned. it was either 16 or 18 of these are contained in China. I'm not aware of any full scale plants operating yet possibly CATL have one that I don't know about but BYD have just begun construction on their first plant of scale in early jan24

https://carnewschina.com/2024/01/05/byd-starts-construction-of-30-gwh-sodium-ion-battery-plant-in-china/

As I said sodium ion will definitely get some market share. But it will remain relatively Niche compared to Li ion ( at least in the next 5-10 years) and again will likely be at the lower cost end of the EV market with lower ranges which is the Chinese specialty, which is also the reason LFP is gaining popularity. Cheaper but less energy dense.
    It will probably end up gaining more market share in ESS applications for those reasons.

There is definitely a lot change happening in a small space of time and some tech's will win out over others but I feel like solid state will be the big competitor to the traditional Premium end of the market NMC chemistry and that contains far more lithium by percentage anyway including using lithium in the anode as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
-0.005(5.10%)
Mkt cap ! $198.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.9¢ 10.0¢ 9.3¢ $3.295M 34.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 365887 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 883409 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.