CXO 0.00% 14.0¢ core lithium ltd

And what capital cost is there to reopen grants pit (Opex costs...

1. 2,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5511
    And what capital cost is there to reopen grants pit (Opex costs are covered by the revenue generated)
    • I guess there's a whole pile of rotten UG support beams that will need to be replaced - Nope, its an open pit mine
    • I guess over time the pit has completely filled up with water, dirt and leaves and needs emptying - Nope, there's a bit of water in the bottom and a pump can handle that
    • I guess the tailings facilities have overgrown or now exceed the allowed capacities - They are still being actively used from the processing occurring and the design was for far more processing than has occurred to date
    • I guess over the decades since the crushing/concentrating plant was last used its rusted away and needs replacing - Nope, its near new and still operating at the moment
    • I guess there's a whole pile of mining gear needed to restart - Nope, Core's used leasing arrangements for mining gear and is likely to continue to do so.
    • Perhaps you think there is some huge cut-back needed to reach the next available ore - Nope the guidance received was that 10.8Mt of the 12.2Mt waste rock planned to be moved has been moved.

So being generous, you are guessing that Core will decide to buy mining gear for the modest amount of open pit mining needed to complete Grants project and that a CR will be needed to buy this gear that will then sit largely idle for years until the next open pit operation at Finniss. Contractor or leasing arrangements would appear far more sensible for the remaining Grants work. I'd accept there's an outside possibility that Core decides to own the UG mining gear required for BP33 and its acquired and applied to the task of Grants open pit mining before being shifted onto BP33. I think that likelihood is low but not quite zero. This would however have the beneficial impact of lowering BP33's ongoing cash cost structure as there wouldn't be equipment lease costs.

To provide some clarity/contribution and not just be another troll (Core's got enough of them already), what item of expenditure do you see exists that would require a CR to fund it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $299.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.3¢ 14.0¢ $213.2K 1.520M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
149 6408025 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 2066739 96
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.07pm 29/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.0¢ 14.3¢ 14.0¢ 236127
Last updated 12.26pm 29/05/2024 ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.