CXO 1.06% 9.3¢ core lithium ltd

Banter and general comments, page-39109

1. 417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1916
    It looks like @WTT has more than adequately explained the new Series 6 cells and how they're different from the Series 5 cells.

One thing I can tell you is that I have been invested in an American firm called Solid Power (SLDP on the NASDAQ) for a bit, now. They design specialty batteries, but their main focus is solid state EV batteries. Note that they are an IP firm that will license their technology; the only thing that they produce, besides test cells, is the sulfur-based electrolyte to be utilized in the solid state batteries.

As it happens, they have three major partners. BMW, SK On and Ford. Where your article made reference to test cell production lines for future batteries near Munich, BMW has been running a SLDP-licensed test cell production line at a facility outside Munich for more than a year (SK On signed a similar deal several months back, and is currently constructing their own test cell production line in Korea). At BMW, they are currently testing SLDP's A-2 test cells, and have claimed in announcements that they anticipate having an SLDP-designed solid state battery in a BMW demonstration vehicle by the end of 2025.

Solid state batteries are not as far away as some seem to think. QuantumScape also has a solid state EV battery in A-2 testing (with VW, I believe), and a French firm called Blue Solutions has been producing real-life solid state batteries for use in buses for two years. I know Daimler, at least, makes electric buses with Blue Solutions' SSBs, and that in addition to a plant in France they are building a manufacturing plant in Canada, as well, though I'm not sure if the Canadian plant is completed, yet. I understand that they already have deals with both Foxconn of Taiwan and VW to produce SSBs for EVs, but I'm not sure where they are in the testing process for the EV SSBs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $198.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.3¢ 9.5¢ 9.1¢ $1.027M 11.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 1922509 9.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 49999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.