CXO 3.45% 15.0¢ core lithium ltd

Banter and general comments, page-30223

1. 3,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1408
    Hi Kiwi,

Good to see you still here fighting!!.

I agree with all you say. I believe current management have performed poorly. But there are some signs perhaps Gareth has heeded our cries and will try to be transparent from here on in - we live in hope.

My GM recently told me that any professional GM or MD when they come into a business that is a sh!t show will usually take the opportunity to write everything down and buy themselves some time in the role. That way it's a bit easier to over-deliver going forward. I think and hope this is what Gareth has done - which now gives him a chance to exceed current expectations.

I've been thinking a lot and reflecting on my investment. As I have some ripper stocks such as PLS, AKE and others, I tried to identify the main reasons why CXO hasn't so far worked out like the others.

The main conclusion I came to is that SB sold us some hyped up, unachievable bullsh!t!!!!.

Some people love him and I used to as well. But he has cost us all a lot of money.

He kept banging on about the following;

- Lets get some more resource and look at doubling production
    - Let's look at selling the excess spodumene (above contracted quantities) to the spot market, or maybe do a deal with Tesla
    - Let's do a study for downstream LiOH production in Darwin.

I mean, was this some sort of sick joke??. Forget about the Hydroxide plant mate, you designed a mine and plant that will struggle to deliver HALF the contracted volumes within the contemplated time frames.

This is where things went wrong. Instead of a more robust mine and plant design, they went off half-cocked on studies to double production and make Hydroxide. Give me a break!!

The gravity DMS flow sheet was supposed to be LOWER RISK than the traditional DMS and Flotation. I loved Core due to the perceived lower execution risk (knowing the others had issues with flotation) and the fact they claimed to get good recoveries with such a simple flow sheet. But they Fu(ked it all up and there are too much fines - at least in the Grants deposit.

Poor old Gareth (who has floors for sure) came into this sh!t show he had been handed by a geologist (SB) who knew nothing about designing, building and running a plant.

Now he has to start from scratch a bit and play the cards he has been dealt. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now and a chance to turn this around.

CXO can still be a great little company valued at a couple of Billion or more, but they had better start getting things right from here on in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $320.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.8¢ 14.5¢ $3.130M 20.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 1318338 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 1101958 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
15.3¢
  Change
0.005 ( 7.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
14.5¢ 15.8¢ 14.5¢ 8286524
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.