AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Rubbish. He took over 3 years ago when the lithium price was...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    Rubbish. He took over 3 years ago when the lithium price was collapsing. All producers suffered, some went bankrupt (A40, AJM) some went into heavy debt to survive (Tianqi), the only thing you can do in that situation is to bunker down and weather the storm.

Under Martin we got Naraha approved, funded (with very cheap debt) and constructed. Took over Advantage Lithium, giving us a huge resource boost. Got approved, funded and construction started on Olaroz Stage 2. All this while the lithium price was still in the toilet, followed by the pandemic ripping through the global economy. To not only come out of those dark times fairly unscathed but also with all this great progress is fantastic.

We'd be years behind if he didn't make those forward-thinking decisions under those awful conditions. These projects haven't come into play yet, but over the next 12 months we should start seeing the benefits. I'm very excited for the future, Allkem is moving forward steadily and with increasing momentum. Martin is a doer, not a talker, and I have confidence that once the dust settles on this big merger we'll start seeing the next steps. He steered us through the troubled seas, and now the waters are calm and the wind is behind us. I see no reason to doubt him now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.