AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Banter and General Comments, page-579

1. 3,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1464
    ORE versus PLS over the medium term.

This is the question I have pondering. I know there is no need to compare the 2 as I and no doubt many here own both.

But I have (for me) quite a large amount of each and will be looking to take a few off the table at some point and am trying to work out which company has the better prospects medium term - so I will look to sell more of the other.

As I see it, the major pro's and cons for each are

ORE Pros
    - Amazing suite of diverse projects with assets like Brine in the low cost quartile
    - Geographical diversity which will create a truly global player in Asia, North America, South America and possibly Europe??
    - Toyota involvement which may yield a takeover offer at some stage at a premium??.

ORE Cons
    - Limited cashflow at present due long time periods to ramp up Olaroz and Mt.Cattlin being fairly small
    - Taking forever to get SDV and James Bay going so minimal cashflow increase in the next 12-24 months while Olaroz expands at a slow pace

PLS Pros
    - Very strong cashflow right now and growing 50-100% in the next year or two- ramping up quickly
    - Stage 2 could be built and producing within a couple of years scaling up quickly
    - Massive margins right now on Spodumene and looks set to continue
    - Calix Salts project could add more value and POSCO JV sorted and under way

PLS Cons
    - Heavily reliant on China customers and some geopolitical risk there
    - Carbon footprint perhaps not as good as emerging producers although comparing to ICE vehicles any Lithium produced will be miles ahead of fossil fuels!!
    - Less diverse geographically to ORE
    - Takeover offer very unlikely due to share register / structure

I'm sure there are countless more pros and cons for both companies but just trying to keep it simple.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards PLS medium term to outperform ORE, and will likely sell a few more ORE over time to weight my holdings towards PLS. In my mind, PLS can ramp up much quicker than anyone else and start raking in the $$ over the next few years where prices will be very high and may not last forever??.

But I'm interested in people's views and have posted on the ORE thread for a reason - as I want any ORE diehards to debate the above with me and see if I am missing something??. I certainly am scared that there will be a day in the future that a bigger fish will try to take out ORE at a premium, and I definitely want to be here with much of my current holdings if and when that happens - as that will be a six figure gain for me that day if it eventuated.

Comments anyone??.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.