MSB 0.54% 92.5¢ mesoblast limited

banter and General Discussion, page-10185

1. 2,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1186
    I believe Mesoblast has now provided data to the FDA to explain exactly how some data from the Osiris trial was confounded by downstream manufacturing issues at the USA plant…hence the apparent reported change of position by the FDA to consider Mesoblast GVHD001 results in isolation that was mentioned in the Bell Potter internal note that someone posted on Hot Copper.

The FDA had to consider the Mesoblast GVHD001 results in isolation (I certainly by BLA #2 stage) because MSB at ODAC had in my opinion successfully argued the product had changed - but they can't include EAP data in the same statistical analysis - Fred Grossman acknowledged that at ODAC with a statement - paraphrasing not quoting - that MSB and the FDA went ahead with GVHD001 because it was understood that physician discretion on treatment as occurs in EAP makes it too difficult to isolate cells alone as causes.

The problem isn't, in my opinion, anything to do with old trials not finding effects, its to do with the only trail that was done with the so called modern product doesn't have enough data to ensure that its only the potency assay factors and nothing else in the cells that caused good results.

If MSB did another trial with TNFR1 levels, IL2Ralpha inhibition levels and I'd add INF-gamma not being increased in any batch as a third test, in adults, I'd expect to see the potency assay validated by the new evidence coming from the new patients.

That I hold CYP has absolutely nothing to do with my analysis of MSB. I don't regard CYP as close to MSB in terms of timing on GVHD. I am no fanboy of CYP management. Never have been. I am not trying to shade MSB to benefit CYP.

I do want the products approved to be effective though. There were set backs when an gene therapy trial went wrong that set back the field. Dud product coming out of MSB or any other cell therapy company at a high price could set back the field.

I don't want to see good work wasted. There is some good work in what MSB has done - but Silviu is doing too much game playing and system rigging - he keeps trying to sway the decision makers with stuff that isn't good science.

Silviu should be better than he has been, His science (and that of others at MSB I suppose Paul Simmons for instance) wasn't bad - but as a showman/CEO Silviu he looks and sounds untrustworthy in my opinion. He paid go away money to the US law suit about communications. That's a bad look. He talks in webinars and to media like he shouldn't. Silviu does understand the science - he presents it well enough at ODAC - but he doesn't come across as trustworthy in my opinion and I wouldn't trust him or a company he is in charge of to produce a more potent product after a BLA is granted - I think the FDA would have to act as a sort of policeman - it would be much safer to make sure the product is potent before approving it - that's my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.5¢
Change
0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $1.056B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.5¢ 91.5¢ $1.473M 1.596M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 32370 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 60258 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.