MSB 3.21% $1.13 mesoblast limited

banter and General Discussion, page-11071

1. 1,866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    Great + generous read dolcevita.

Yes ECT was all the rage back then, my brother copped 12 or 13 from memory. Larundel was a hell of a place to visit, D ward still clear in my mind as a kid, not an ideal treatment scenario but better than been shot by police (an inadequate state of affairs, not police fault).
    And yes, 2nd opinions and managing your own health is vital.
    I copped Dukes class c bowel cancer at 31 and had to insist on an ultrasound referral from the gp who wanted to send me home with chronic appendicitis and operate when it went acute.

I insisted on the referral and was under the knife at Royal Melbourne that evening. Yes, only human, he wasn't to know.
    Tumour had grown over the appendical orifice, and my couple years med had me thinking something wasn't quite right and allowed me to be assertive, the ultrasound threw up a sus picture - 6 months chemo after having a bit ripped out and that was over 30 years ago. (It had already metastasised to mesenteric nodes). Nice catch. Phew.

Of course you're right vis.a.vis the essentially conservative power structures in med and treatments but there are good reasons for FDA caution - the frustration ensues when the status quo is not as a result of the science and so development of new SOCs is handbraked unnecessarily.

Yeah Schwarzchild was incredible - he makes an appearance in Labatut's book "When we cease to understand the world" which explores mathematical + scientific discovery, destruction and madness and starts in fact then surfs into fiction. A good read.

Your grandparents sound like characters out of the last book in Javier Marias' trilogy Your Face Tomorrow!

Anyway, my predicted date is next Thursday week so we'll see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.