MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

I have a few ideas of a possible knock-back1. The data from the...

1. 4,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5419
    I have a few ideas of a possible knock-back
    1. The data from the potency assay validation is good..... really good, almost too good, and the fact of the matter is cells that were above the median in IL-2 ralpha supression, had 85% survival, below was closer to 50% survival
    Mesoblast appear to be making the arguement that even 50% survival is better than control at 30%, but the data is pointing towards using only above the median cells would result in 85% survival which is off the charts.

If I were the FDA I would be asking why can't you baseline the potency so only above the median cells are released? I don't know how MSB would play that as it could mean a loss of 50% of their inventory, and lower production yields unless they figure another way out to increase that potency aspect.

But on the other hand this is cutting edge science, and maybe it's not at the moment at all profitable to make only those cells?

2. Some kind of extreme wing view on a singular aspect of the trial that would go against the majority of people ie
    • Ignoring the fact there is unmet need, high mortatliy, no safety issues, and efficacy is there
    • Claiming an RCT in children is perfectly ethical
    • Delaying approval for children to confirm a trial in adults
    • Claiming no control arm except a control arm in the trial cna be considered for X/Y/Z/A/B/C reasons\

I consider all the subpoints in two to be unlikely, and really all unethical from a mediacl standpoint given the efficacy and survival of GVHD001.

I'm not sure how point number 1 is going to go exactly.

What if Mesoblast have actually added adults with high MAP, grade C or D, or minnesota high risk to the label after looking at all the data?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.