ATH 0.00% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

It seems to me there is a huge difference between HD and AD -...

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    It seems to me there is a huge difference between HD and AD - please correct me if I'm wrong.

HD is caused by a single defective gene.If you have the gene you get HD. If you have HD, deterioration and death are inevitable.

It is hard to imagine a single drug like PBT2 stopping HD in it's tracks. Any cure or functional cure is likely to be gene-based and a long way off. PBT2 and similar drugs may be able to slow disease progress - a worthy objective ( and a way to fast track FDA approval).

AD is more complex. There are a number of genes that create a predisposition, plus various other unknown factors, such as environmental, possible exposure to viruses etc. No one knows.

It is far more likely that a drug like PBT2, or a cocktail of drugs, can interrupt the complex cascade of biochemical events involved in AD than in HD.That is, stop and even partially reverse the disease.

I think the results of the HD trial are encouraging for AD. I am holding for the AD results, and may pick up more.

Good luck to all longs

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $8.4K 2.1M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
67 79035427 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 115463117 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.