TON 9.09% 1.0¢ triton minerals ltd

Bargain Buys, page-77

1. 13,553 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4637
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Next-Generation-Lithium-ion-Battery-New-Anode

Following on from a post I made a while back about advances  in battery technology happening faster than the change to EV's , with Toyota looking at solid state batteries, the above link is yet another example of what's happening.

I'm not sure of the implications relating to super pits in the future but there is a danger of graphite becoming a stranded asset in relation to its use in batteries which of course is why TON is in a very good space in relation to graphite , much more stable uses and having the best quality expandable graphite in a higher margin product...I think Management are very aware of this and is why they are following the path we are on, although they would never say it..

IMO I see longterm offtake agreements for the use of Graphite in the battery space as something that will get very hard to achieve going forward but the opposite occurring in the niche TON plan to operate in..

Please don't read this as a down ramp as for TON it's the opposite and it's why I hold and am adding , it's just a reality check on graphite as a battery material going forward...when it comes to electronics the pace of change is fast as we have seen in communications..

Cheers Whisky

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TON (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.