CTP 2.04% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

bargain price, page-52

1. 6,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    It took a bit longer than I expected to bring out the over-worked 'potential' post.

CTP is not the only one with potential?...

AUT is producing at 5000BOEPD and are looking to ramp up that production to twice that in 2011. Their market cap is $460M.

EKA is producing at 450BOEPD and again they are looking to ramp up that production to even more than twice that in 2011 with their new oil rich acreage. Their market cap is under $50M!

GGE just striked oil in one of their wells. They will gain about 150BOEPD out of that well. In early 2011 they will commence drilling a well a few kilometres down the well going for the formation just under where all this oil as flowed. Their market cap is $8M!

SSN have $70M cash in the bank, 500BOEPD of flows, a 3.8% royalty in Chekaspeake's production, and a whole new proven acreage to dive into next year. Their market cap is around $110M!

Ohhhh, but what about the coal I hear you say. Well CCC produce over 2MTpa and their market cap is under $250M. They have potential to ramp that up to over 10MTpa in under 4 years time. They have just aquried a truly massive coal tenament in Botswana through a buyout of Mashala Resources.

So tell me this, what is so good about CTPs potential that it deserves such an enormous premium built into the company's market value?All these other companys have massive potential but they don't have a market value over 2 timex what is realistically fair. In fact I would argue that given those companys also have world-class management and strategic planning that they are trading at a discount to their fair value.

The thing is, as Khlaqis has said, hardly any of you have crunched the numbers on this company. You are under the illusion that CTP has this supposed massive potential that surpasses anything that any other company has. Well here is the cold hard truth fellas. CTP has the potential to grow, that is for sure, but it will be at a rate far slower than how EKA, AUT and SSN ramp up their oil flows. And CTP is lagging 10 years behind a company that is already hauling up coal by the shipload.

Over-rated, over-hyped, over-valued...that's CTP for ya...
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 5.0¢ $14.33K 286.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 333765 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 120916 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.