IMS 0.00% 69.0¢ impelus limited

barrier of entry N MBE, page-2

1. 4,091 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    I'm not sure Boku is actually a competitor. Boku is providing it's infrastructure to other companies, who want to incorporate DCB into their applications. MBE is not doing that. MBE is white labeling existing products, and thus owning them, and then putting them on their platform. Boku takes a slice of the transaction as a transaction cost. MBE takes a slice of the transaction as it owns and manages the application. Boku's cut would be much less than MBEs i suspect. Plus Boku does not do, from the looks of it, any advertising of the product, like MBE does. That's why MBE takes a big cut - it's winning customers for these white labelled apps.

You need to look at Application stores or more specific 'push' application stores to find competitors for MBE. I've only seen a few around. Your probably right in saying that it's not the easiest thing to setup. But, MBE has put a lot of work into getting the Telcos on board and as we've found with the US, that's not always the easiest. So barrier to entry may be a little harder than you think.
    Last edited by pods: 05/03/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.