LIN 11.5% 14.5¢ lindian resources limited

NOOBY in response to your request ….” ask long term holders what...

1. 4,456 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 478
    NOOBY in response to your request ….” ask long term holders what they think could be legitimate barriers that could prevent production from the Malawi project.
    I’ve been worried about my LIN investment from the early days. Like yourself I keep on wondering whether REE production will ever occur. The following is what I have discovered in ASX Announcements and other sources. Confirmation can be sighted by “down rampers” who are experts in their field of mining, marketing, raising capital ( at a discount) etc.

In no specific order:

Malawi Govt
    As you know the REE project is in Malawi…AFRICA. A high risk country that’s why no institutions want to invest. Only Chinese companies invest in Africa but they have also stayed clear of LIN.
    There is only one miner in Malawi. Sorry I forgot that it had closed down operations but soon to reopen.
    The Prime Minister and his officials do not appear to be keen on mining. They have organized a Conference for this week to express their thoughts. Stay tuned.

Power Supply
    Near the mine site they are still using candles for lighting. No street lights for miles.
    The company says that there is a high voltage power supply some 4 kls away. However experts have revealed that Malawi does not have electricity cables that stretch that distance. Underground lines may be a solution.
    Have also been told that Malawi has eight (8) hydroelectric power generation stations. These are currently in use and LIN may have to wait for three (3) planned hydroelectric power generation projects that are in the pipeline. I guess solar can be used in the interim.

Water Supply
    Access to water confirmed as possible from the Shire River 25km east of Kangankunde from the perennial river system flowing from Lake Malawi.
    The Company was informed that it may be possible to establish a water pipe pumping fresh river water. It will need to ensure that the fish are protected as it’s a supply of food for locals.
    In the interim LIN could drill for water wells.

Weather
    As you know Malawi has a Wet season when everything stops for weeks from November to April.
    Everything ( fields, mines, rivers, villages etc) gets flooded during this period. I cannot see the K mine operational at this time of year.
    Did you read about last year’s floods? “Malawi 2023– 190 Dead, 37 Missing After Floods, Mudslides”.

Transport
    No roads from mine site to the M1 Highway 4 Km away. Unsure how long it will take to build a road. Takes forever in Australia due to red tape etc.
    Malawi is land locked. How does one get the REE out of the country?
    The company says that there is a railway line to the east which goes thru Mozambique to the deep-water Port of Nacala. However it only recent reopened. Is there capacity for LIN’s rare earths and at what cost?

Kangankunde Mine
    I have read that the high quality REE is situated deep down some 1000mts. The Kangankunde Hill rises to a height of up to 200m above the surrounding plain. Maybe a solution is to dig into the side of the hill. There is still an adit entrance 300meters into the hill. This option could save so much pointless digging.
    I forgot to mention that the mine site is in the Rift Valley. That is also the name of Saner’s company which is being sold to LIN. Location may be subject to where Earth's tectonic plates move. Is that why its called Rift Valley?
    Hope that the rare earths are not radio active at depth.

Workforce
    Recently read that there has been a departure of hundreds of Malawians to Israel to work as labourers. This may prove to be a major problem to get the mine operational.
    “The first tranche of 221 workers left for Israel. Subsequent flights are expected in the days to come, according to a statement from the Ministry of Labour, which did not mention numbers.
    LIN needs to promptly offer incentives such as cheap shares.

Offtakes
    The reason LIN has no offtakes is that Rare Earths supply is exceeds demand. China no longer wants REE from other countries. That’s why REE prices are so low. Monopoly by China.
    Maybe LIN needs to day building the mine until someone wants its production?

Marketing
    This has come up so may times in HC threads. The “experts” keep on telling us that LIN executives have no marketing skills nor experience in the mining industry. That’s why no offtakes. Nobody knows what Lindian has to offer. It’s a secret that only 2,500 shareholders know.
    Alistair’s periodic slide shows are not working. He needs an expert like "B's" friend to go and promote the company across the globe.

Hope that the above helps you understand the barriers Lindian is facing NOOBY?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.015(11.5%)
Mkt cap ! $167.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $137.6K 981.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17000 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 135206 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 11.5 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ 400330
Last updated 15.44pm 03/05/2024 ?
LIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.