hi dave the problem Labor faces is that firstly, the public has...

1. ACB
    4,958 Posts.
    hi dave the problem Labor faces is that firstly, the public has switched off. They don't listen any more. I thought the budget was okay without being brilliant (and I can't stand Swan!), yet it fizzed in the polls, they can't get any traction with good announcements because the odour of failure and scepticism surrounds them.

Secondly, even if the boat policy works, it won't get the votes of those who think boat arrivals are a problem...they will always vote for Abbott! and those who think the solution is draconian will vote Green. Gillard is wedged.

Thirdly, the budget is way too reliant on Chinese growth. It's probably a house of straw.

I am no fan of Abbott but I just cannot see him losing unless some huge left field event takes place to save Gillard's bacon. This saddens me because I don't think Abbott has any vision for Australia and I would very much like to see Turnbull take the reigns, I think he'd make a competent and decent PM. But this government just plain stinks and everyone knows it, including the Labor backbenchers.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.