Barton's ideas....., page-25

1. 61,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Says a lot about a lot of people on HC that the post has 146 tu as I write.

Me being of southern European decent as a child and others like me copped the ridicule of Australians, because we ate all this strange stuff like Squid, Octopus and little fish like sardines. They found the dishes we cooked up very strange indeed, they called capsicum the red and green things dago's eat and called us wogs in a derogatory way.

The food and culture Southern European's brought to Australia was eventually embraced and the fact that many Southern European had accumulated a lot of wealth did not go unnoticed, fact is we now proudly call ourselves Wogs.

Hard to imagine what Australia would be like if not for the Southern European, maybe fish and chips would still be a delicacy

Like southern Europeans did the hard dirty low paid jobs that the resident Australians would not do, so too are the immigrants of today. They appreciate having a job and a income, despite how hard, dirty, low paid the jobs are.

Dare say the demographics on HC is dominated by old right wing conservative nutters that have noting better to do than whinge and whine

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.