PYC 0.00% 12.5¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Not as harsh responses as I thought...besides the what is my...

1. 74 Posts.
    Not as harsh responses as I thought...besides the what is my motivation and I'm trying to push the share price down to buy more...I like those. Maybe the forum could be about real debate and trying to best understand risk reward and then each judge for themselves.

SoT....macromolecules for Myc? As far as becoming a true treatment to bring to market I don't like its chances and there is certainly no good precedence for targeting intracellular targets with macromolecules to being with, and Myc is very challenging in its own right for a variety of reasons. At best I see it serving as a tool to get to a small molecule drug. Cancer isnt like infectious disease or something, where there are no other treatment options, there are more options now then ever for cancer and so many more in development, it would really have to be superior in efficacy. But that is only what I see, not important, what is important, is that PYC needs to get to at least a reasonable PK data package sometime in 2016 via IV dosing. If I was an investor, that is what I would be looking for to give me confidence they are truly on the right track. Injecting directly to tumors in mice is nice and all and would make a nice publication, but come on, I think all of you guys are past that, they need to take the next step in the development process, and show that this compound IV dosed has therapeutically relevant PK profile. My guess is that this also is going to be a process, they run once, find out the weak points, optimize for them, and then re-test PK and show it gets to the tumor, not toxic, and is around long enough to be effective at a reasonable dose. This is reasonable in one year. So hopefully PYC has turned a new leaf from years past and they can get this done. Time will tell.

UK Grand Challenge? I honestly know very little about it, but certainly it seems to be a great fit given the focus on Myc, I hope they are at least applying.

WarpDrive? Verdine is already on to his next favorite company, WaVe or something he founded recently, looks like lost interest or loss of confidence in Warp. Warp was founded by Third Rock and Sanofi, and was one of the very first pre-negotiated buy agreements, which have since become popular. Sanofi invested money side by side with ThirdRock, and if certain scientific achievements made, Sanofi HAD to buy Warp for ~$1B. This is 3-4 years ago I guess, had to buy with 4-5 years or something like that I heard. Whatever, Sanofi tore up the deal recently (the required buy out portion) and it went back to a more normal collaboration style agreement. So apparently Warp is worth less than $1B, since Sanofi has clearly had the best look under the hood. The deal was funny in that it really tied the hands of Warp also in the ability to partner with other companies during that time. Maybe more deals for Warp from now on? I know they have struggled, and spent huge amounts of money on their team and huge computers for their data mining. It certainly hasn't delivered on the original promises and things are much more difficult then they suggested, but that is pretty standard. I couldn't say PYC is 1/100 or anything like that, because if Warp truly has a asset ready for the clinic, they can raise money, probably without issue, probably without serious dilution. PYC has kinda burnt that bridge, they may be able to make the case, but it will cost them. There is alot alot of skepticism for 1) macromolecule against Myc, and 2) against a CPP, so they will have to go above and beyond what some others have to do to really validate it and attract a partner.

PeptiDream? I don't know, they signed another 4 partners in the past half year, including Genentech and Sanofi, now like 14 partners or something and some 50 partnered programs across those, and companies are licensing their technology, so something must be working. An analyst report suggested they said that they would have 1-2 IND filings per year starting from this year. If that is true, that would be impressive.
    I am not a shareholder FYI, but i do kick myself for not buying last year when it was 1/3 its recent price.

I dont read HC often, check it once every few months and only PYC nowadays. I was interested in ASX biotechs a few years back, and I still follow a few via news feeds and conferences and grapevine, etc., since they come up in my circles. I guess it is just fun to check in on HC sometimes to see how Peace and Andrew are doing.

Biotech investing is certainly a fun ride

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.