This issue irks me no end with regards to superannuation. If you...

1. 2,640 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    This issue irks me no end with regards to superannuation. If you have sufficient funds in your super account to finance your retirement you should be able to regardless of age if you choose to.

At one stage you could access your money early if you started an account based pension with your super but the government ended that.
    Same with accessing your superannuation if you are leaving the country. Too many people were saying they were leaving the country, taking their super out and then flying back in and using the money as a house deposit so that rule was changed as well.

Preservation age for me is 60 and I am turning 50 this year. I'm guessing by the time 60 comes around the preservation age would have been raised as well. They are slowly raising the pension age, seems logical that preservation age will be raised.

I am also expecting there to be legislation passed limiting or even stopping (limiting most likely first) the amount you can access as a lump sum in the future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.