LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

GAPS,You are really drawing a long bow.1. A broker is not an...

1. 3,760 Posts.
    GAPS,

You are really drawing a long bow.

1. A broker is not an analyst. In my view then JP Morgan's 57c is as valid as Patterson's $2.08. Why have you paid heed to the 57c price target and not the $2.08 target. Simply put you hold no stock and are clearly harping on negativity of which there it is right here on this forum in abundance.

2. I would say it is fair to quantify the risks of lynas as 4 fold. 1. Election/Political, 2 REE Basket prices (though I disagree here) and 3. Customer Sales/Cash Flow.

My comments: It is not Lynas job to post the daily basket price movements or weekly basket price movements. It should have been removed from their website long ago. Perhaps you should think outside the square a little bit and think perhaps Lynas is sending a message that their phase 1 and 2 output is at pre negotiated contracted prices so to hell with the weekly basket price.

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. But from an analyst/broker viewpoint the Election was a MAJOR risk event. This has now been quashed. Utterly and completely. SMSL and SLC are facing a vertical uphill battle. No rope and no gloves. They do not even rate a mention.

As for customer sales, well we have all been informed that Customers are qualifying sample. Cash flow comes shortly after. Refer to the quarterly updates.

As for the basket price, what I fear you fail to understand, as well as certain others on this forum, is that only a high school understanding of Economic is required. Supply and demand meet at a mutually suitable price. Macroeconomically speaking that is.

In addition, there is fiction in all the REE data as there exists a black economy of REE supply. Businesses want reliable supply and reputable quality supply. You dont get this on the black market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.