BTV 2.33% 21.0¢ batavia mining limited

Gday Grant64, I havent noticed that one - thanks for bringing to...

1. 218 Posts.
    Gday Grant64, I havent noticed that one - thanks for bringing to attention. Did a little research into Monarch - They have plans of there own, here are some excerpts of some asx announcements. Just a thought out of the blue - Maybe negotiating a majority stake in BTV after reading a few of their announcements or toll treating??

"We expect to bring Minjar into production in the second half of calendar 2007. We will also
    enter into toll treating arrangements such that around 20-25% of the feed will be
    sourced from third parties.
    We want to build the Company on solid foundations and we’re building it for the
    long term. It will largely be through exploration excellence - exploring our own
    tenements or tenements we acquire - that we reach our long term target of
    producing 500,000 ounces of gold per annum."

"I’ll talk more specifically about the corporate opportunities. There are two or three
    smaller companies in Western Australia that we have our eye on. They struggle
    on their own with exploration because of a lack of funding and flexibility. If we
    consolidate some of these companies into the Monarch group we can inject greater
    funding and we can also provide flexibility such as the ability to swing geologists
    around each of the sites.
    Longer term, after we bring on Davyhurst at 100,000 ounces per annum and
    Minjar at 50,000 ounces per annum from next year, we want to become a 500,000
    ounce per annum producer. We’ll get there through organic growth through
    exploration and from acquisitions. The Tanami Gold opportunity hasn’t gone
    away, but we decided to focus on bringing our own operations into production and
    leave Tanami to get its Coyote project up to full production. We may revisit the
    Tanami opportunity in 2007. We are taking a long term approach to growth. This
    is a long distance race and not a sprint."

"Monarch’s operations are currently focused on three potential production areas:
    • Davyhurst - gold resources of more than 2Moz within a 2,000km2 tenement package and 1.2mtpa
    gold treatment plant (+1.2Moz historic production)
    • Minjar - gold resources of more than 400,000oz within a 1,700km2 tenement package and
    600,000tpa gold treatment facility (+120,000oz historic production)
    • Bellevue - gold resources of 120,000oz associated with the historic Belleview Gold Mine, previously
    one of WA’s premier gold operations (750,000oz historic production)
    Monarch’s strategy has been to capture opportunities for the consolidation of gold development assets which
    have not in the past realised their full potential, either due to a lack of capital or to limited exploration."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.