BIT 2.53% 8.1¢ biotron limited

Gidday Ecothanks for the tag, and apologies for the late reply....

1. 2,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2308
    Gidday Eco

thanks for the tag, and apologies for the late reply. I'm working infield as of today and didn't see the laptop until now, as it will be for the near future.

I've had a quick look at the articles you've posted. They're just news stories without much detail, and if I'm not wrong about one of them, the idea that the S protein of CoV is a new discovery, is far from being correct. It's just a journalists way to make a headline. But they are doing great work in Austin. Regardless, I think I see what you're asking about it in light of Biotron's work with the E protein.

Firstly, vaccines aim at S, or more precisely, motivate the immune system to prevent S from taking hold on cells. I've heard recently that there are some significant differences in COVID-19 S to SARS S, which is likely in my mind to be the cause of the unique asymptomatic type characteristics of COVID. One COVID S protein is longer, creating a larger spike that may fuse to host cells other than ACE2 receptors as known with SARS. Anyway, COVID's unique S protein is the focus of most of the research by vaccine developers.

Biotron's compounds on the other hand work on the smaller E protein, specifically in shutting down the ion channel network where passage of + ions at the most fundamental level, part of viral replication in hosts. This is what BIT225 does in HIV, and likewise adapted compounds in CoV.

I'm going to have to cut it short here - for a change - as a full day in the sun and two more to go is more than this gal can tolerate.

I see that BIT survived another steady day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.1¢
Change
0.002(2.53%)
Mkt cap ! $73.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 8.1¢ 7.2¢ $87.51K 1.177M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 30000 7.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 312790 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.7¢
  Change
0.002 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.5¢ 8.0¢ 7.3¢ 161454
Last updated 15.34pm 29/03/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.