BIT 0.00% 5.7¢ biotron limited

Batmansdaughter - The S and E proteins, comments?, page-7

1. 1,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    Hi, Eco, my understanding is that the university of QLD has been working on a vaccine, based on modifying the spike protein that you have highlighted so that the immune system can recognise it more easily and produce antibodies that target it before infection. This means that if the CV virus infects a vaccinated individuate, it will be shut down very quickly and killed before it can multiply and cause problems. So in effect it is a preventative treatment, with a prophylactic type action.
    The good thing about this is that it is highly effective against the virus it was designed for but maybe useless if the virus mutates.. Unless the mutation has exactly the same feature on it somewhere that the original vaccine was designed to target, and was originally designed for. ( Not 100% sure about this, need to do a bit more research, but I seem to remember reading something somewhere to this effect).

By contrast, BIT's compounds are not vaccines but potential cures. If they work then they would be administered to attack the virus after an infection was recognized in an individual, slowing down the spread though the body till the immune system has a chance to catch up and produce enough of it's own anti-bodies to deal with the virus invasion.

The good thing about BIT'S compounds is that they target the E protein on the surface of the virus and shut down it's ability to move in and out of cells and also replicate, and in the case of HIV the viruses that are produced after that that, do manage to escape the cells, they are unable to replicate.

As the E protein exists on many different viruses including CV, HIV and Hep viruses this makes it a Pan effective treatment for such viruses without the need to design a new vaccine or drug every time the virus mutates, as I understand it, from reading moderately extensively about the subject..

So to summarise, BIT's drugs, if they work would be a potent cure for people that are unfortunate to become infected with CV, or any of the other viruses mentioned, and thus a very useful tool in the fight against CV mortalities..

As an analogy, think about the flu vaccines produced each year to prevent infection, and then the role that Tamiflu and Relenza play in treating people the do still become infected with the flu, and need a helping hand to get better... It would be a very similar situation.. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.8¢ 5.7¢ $5.699K 99.98K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 420774 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 7591 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.01pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.79 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.7¢ 5.7¢ 5.7¢ 28076
Last updated 13.10pm 16/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.