Battery Fires, page-54

1. 47,974 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 650
    I agree Wal. anything made cheap is not likely to be as safe or efficient as "genuine" replacement parts..... but then many of the "genuine' stuff is not so much genuine as much as having a higher mark-up rate.

I distrust Chinese product and will avoid buying them when I can. happy to pay more for a more trusted manufacturer. particularly if the product is not made in china.

and Li batts? I distrust these almost as much and take care to never er leave our vacuum cleaner recharging longer than is necessary. really this tech is still in an early phase. newer battery tech developing all the time and many alternatives could become available if buyers buy according to quality and efficiency instead of simply price. such 'savings' are often illusory.

and yes the safety of cheap Li batts is very dubious. we once has regulations that specified that all product imported had to comply with Aus safety standards. where did these standards go? not Abbott cutting red tape was it?

see what the Baird/Berejiklian govts did to housing/apartment block construction in NSW? the removal of the State building construction Inspectorate resulted in poor quality buildings being declared dangerous for human habitation.

we need adequate regulations to ensure that imported goods are safe. that the real problem here Wal.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.