AUZ 6.25% 0.8¢ australian mines limited

I don't know the detailed answers to these questions. But I do...

1. 13,430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2627
    I don't know the detailed answers to these questions.

But I do KNOW that battery manufacturers (in China and Korea) are having enormous problems with the impact of cobalt prices on their profitability.

It's the reason that SKI, for example, has spent so much on tech to reduce the amount of Co in its batteries from 20% to 10%.

That impetus will continue and even grow if the Co price continues its upward direction.

I also KNOW that the University of California and MIT are two of the world's pre-eminent research schools/labs and if they are confident in releasing these findings, it really means something.

And the key findings - 30-50% improvement in cathode performance (watt-hours per kilogram) over current tech at a cheaper price.

I also KNOW that anyone who ignores these threats and does not take them on board with their entry/exit strategies is confirmation-biased and incapable of open-eyed investment.

It's an important watching brief, at the very least and a reason to stay agile.

I'm certainly NOT saying that this new tech WILL be able to be scaled up and commercialized - but anyone who ignores the possibility is a fool.

And no-one can say how quickly it could be scaled up and confirmed but to completely dismiss a relatively near-term confirmation would also be foolish.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
-0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $10.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $7.069K 988.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 11334814 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 981944 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.