NMT 1.01% 9.8¢ neometals ltd

Battery recycling competitors, page-2

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66

This is an follow up to my privious questions.

Chris talks in his Investor presentation about the carmakers bringing their old battery packages to the Primöbius (Pm) recycling plant ( or to it's hubs) for further processing.

But as I I mentioned in the previous post, the Automakers seem to have their own recycling plans. And there even more companies, who want their share (see at the bottom of the post). How can Pm persuade them to "hand out" their batteries, or to work together with them?

The demo plant in Hilchenbach, which SMS plans to commission in the second half of 2021, has a similar p.a. feedrate (1000t) as the VW plant (1500t, which is already running). But perhaps these are different types.

The follwing part is an excerpt out of an interview with Chief Technology Officer Prof. Hans Ferkel of SMS group about the joint venture with Neometals Ltd., the plans for a pilot plant and why SMS group is focusing on battery recycling in SMS groups own magazine.https://www.sms-group.com/sms-group-magazine/overview/we-reduce-the-carbon-footprint-of-battery-production/>> What comes next?

"Hans Ferkel: The first step will be the construction and start-up of the pilot plant in Hilchenbach with a capacity to recycle 1,000 tons of batteries per year. Then we will optimize the technology from this industrial pilot plant to a full-scale facility. We will invite potential customers to see for themselves how the demonstration plant recovers valuable substances from their own or third-party battery scrap material.We see great potential in this sector. With our metallurgical expertise and our plant engineering know-how, we will contribute to a soon-to-come start of commercial operation. Also the timing is good for the new technology to win ground, last but not least among OEMs who have recognized the potential provided by the closing of this gap in the battery value chain. The world over, we have been observing growing awareness of environmental issues and the willingness to promote sustainable acting and new forms of circular economies. This is why we are absolutely convinced of the Primobius project. We plan to commission the pilot plant in the second half of 2021 and look forward to enquiries from potential customers wishing to test the recycling of their batteries in the new facility."

The german chemestry giant BASF (partners: suez ,Eramet) has also industrial-scale battery recycling ambitions.

https://catalysts.basf.com/news/eramet-basf-and-suez-partner-to-develop-an-innovative-closed-loop-process-for-the-recycling-of-lithium-ion-batteries-responding-to-the-strong-growth-of-the-market-in-the-coming-years
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BASF

This is only my German perspective.
    And probably France, Italy, Spain and so on .....have also companies, which have their own plans

So again, what is the advantage of Primöbius (nm + sms)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Last edited by theBavarian: 04/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.8¢
Change
-0.001(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $61.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.6¢ $163.6K 1.650M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 228364 9.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 498309 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.