LKE 2.50% 3.9¢ lake resources n.l.

HI all - I have a question regarding the material and...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    HI all - I have a question regarding the material and composition of Lithium Ion battery (Tesla style) Vs Solid State Battery (Toyota style) and how the difference in composition may effect demand for lithium type and quality (and obviously share price in various lithium producers)

Toyota have been a sleeping giant when it comes to EVs. It seems they have either been keeping quiet and working hard on a new battery type or they suddenly woke up and started quickly working on it. Either-way - their progress with EVs looks pretty exciting. If they can produce a relatively cheap EV with a better battery, better production capability, a larger dealer foot print and massive servicing network, I think they could quickly blow Tesla out of the water in terms of vehicle sales.

My question is this: Do the Toyota Solid state batteries require the same type of lithium that LKE produces? I have found some scientific reports but my chemistry knowledge is limited. Would also be keen to know if the other metals like Graphite will be used in solid state batteries.

If Toyota's solid state battery is far better than lithium ion then i think the demand for this battery type will quickly eclipse lithium ion for vehicles.

Thanks in advance for you help.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
-0.001(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $65.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 4.1¢ 3.9¢ $106.9K 2.717M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 112920 3.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 600196 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.