COE 2.33% 22.0¢ cooper energy limited

Battery technology to replace gas peaker plants - implications for COE

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    My intention is not to downplay the stock. Good investors are willing to look at upcoming potential threats of their investments and take appropriate action if and when necessary

As the title suggest battery technology has the potential ability to replace gas peaker power plants. This is likely to reduce demand for LNG and reduce future revenue or feed into soft contract gas prices.

From what I understand LNG is used as a industrial feedstock so demand is stable from that segment, electricity generation is what I am concerned about. I think SA is a case study into the potential disruption battery has on gas peaker plants, although I have noted in recent times Adelaide paying more for spot LNG compared to other capital cities on the east coast.

Also has the narrative about east coast gas shortage been overplayed? I am starting to question this, with so much renewable energy supply to the grid.

Has anyone give thought on the growth of LNG powered cargo ships that are being commission and the impact this has on global LNG prices? This demand-side aspect of LNG hasn't been widely discussed.

SO much uncertainty.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $580.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 22.0¢ 21.0¢ $980.8K 4.555M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 1119098 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 910937 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.28pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.