APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Battle over the US, page-112

1. 5,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    Google trend analysis for the week ending 21st December 2019.
    Afterpay in blue, Affirm in red, Klarna in yellow and Sezzle in green.

As Christmas shopping is hitting a climax it appears that Afterpay is causing quite the stir. Google searches for Afterpay continues to increase significantly compared to competitors. Affirm is starting to look like a real loser compared to more traditional BNPL players which is good news considering Affirm had been an established in the US for quite some time. Below is Afterpay's google trend market share by state and compared to Affirm, Klarna and Sezzle.

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 8.56.02 am.png

Notable mentions:
    *Weighted-average "market share" (bottom row in green) increased another 2%, primarily due to the highest-weighted states (top 5) all seeing material increases in google searches for Afterpay compared to competitors.
    *Washington, Massachusetts and Minnesota have slipped slightly but considering their lower economic importance it was more than offset by increases in other areas.
    *Washington has slipped back into red (affirm dominant) by a very slim margin.

See below a more detailed graph of the weighted-average market share for all 4 companies to see how they are tracking:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.14.56 am.png

And in graph form, showing Afterpay basically taking market share from Affirm while the other two are fairly flat:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.15.07 am.png

When compared to the start of the analysis (1st November 2019) how have the 4 faired in each state:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.15.21 am.png
    When looking at the table above keep in mind that the states are sorted by economic importance so as an Afterpay holder we care more about the moves at the top (California) than we do about Arizona in the bottom. The rest of the US states are not included in this analysis as their economic importance are negligible.

Finally, this weeks google trend graph:

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 8.55.15 am.png

I hope this analysis makes sense to you. Let me know if you have questions or check the original post on this thread to understand why I use weighted averages.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by StefanF: 21/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.