The point isn't heroes or role models Bunny, but the fact you...

1. 1,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The point isn't heroes or role models Bunny, but the fact you were brought up on another nations culture, driven by the $$$ driven Oz sublieutenant media to push their product at all costs.

What Americans sell has no value outside the US; it is their culture ( we are not the 51st state, yet) - it should have no meaning, or form any upbringing memory of any Australian child.

It has become a global industry; a global form of slavery as populations become addicted to Yankee culture; sport, tv, movies.......western countries are becoming little America's, but like trade, the money only flows one way.

I travel to NZ a lot; they are very much the exception to the western rule. Just like they stood up to them in the eighties and banned nuclear US vessels from entering their ports - their American content and saturation is way lower.

Look at the average OZ budget and see was is spent on American product. Makes some American slob fatter and richer, but those $$$ could have been spent at home helping our bottom line. $80 to take a family to see a b-grade bit of Hollywood? (and that is just for tickets) Not my world - prefer the Australian way ( before it is totally subsumed by American Imperialism without a skerrick of resistance)
    My views are my own, but Australia isn't the same country I skipped around in, in the fifties. Multiculturalism isn't the problem - it's Americanisation.
    [● and this may be my final post ever in Hotcopper ●]

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.