ASQ 4.17% 2.5¢ australian silica quartz group ltd

I think their are going to be a lot of angry locals at this...

1. 257 Posts.
    I think their are going to be a lot of angry locals at this decision, including:

- the private landowner who was set to receive royalties for his bauxite before have suitable rehabilitated land to put a crop down in the following groing season;

- the 80 or so other private landowners wanting to do similar;

- the 30 local residents all set to commence employment and potentially stop roster travel out to other mines;

- the local suppliers who BAU were going to do business with; not to mention

- the shareholders and institutional investors; and

- the chinese buyers waiting for their first grade bauxite.

Reading the latest announcement, it does seem obvious that the EPA are looking at BAU's future aspirations and not judging the application at hand.

I would assume that whilst this 6mth mining was up and running, BAU would be applying for subsequent approvals for future mining, but in the interim obtaining the necessary cash flow to run and build the business. Seems like a sensible strategy to me...

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out, however it seems a bit suspect to me that the EPA would come down so harsh on a relatively small scale mining operation on private land which has been approved by the land owner. Could someone in the EPA be getting friendly with someone on the rfrm?? ;) only kidding of course...

so heres to kicking back and enjoying the soap opera!

Jalinski

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $7.046M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.5¢ $490 19.58K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5079 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 11024 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.18pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.