HRS 0.00% 3.0¢ hudson resources limited

Ashapura Group is a global player in bauxite. Ashapura along...

1. 500 Posts.
    Ashapura Group is a global player in bauxite. Ashapura along with its Chinese partner will set up a refinery (Kutch Alumina Refinery) with a 1million ton per annum capacity. The Chinese partner will buy 75% of the total production. Ashapura also have just announced another jv smelter .... see news item below

As we know, Hudson-MPA Sdn. Bhd. is a joint venture between Ashapura Minechem Ltd., Hudson Resources Limited, and Malaysian Phosphate Additives Sdn. Bhd., a local manufacturer of feed phosphates.

Maybe their alliance will move to include an interest in the Inverell Bauxite Project. If they are looking to developing a mine and upstream production facility they will need a serious backer - Ashapura?

http://steelguru.com/news/index/2008/09/05/NjE3Nzc%3D/Adani_and_Ashapura_form_JV_for_aluminium_project.html

November 03, 2008

Adani and Ashapura form JV for aluminium project
    It is reported that Ashapura Minechem has found a new partner in Gujarat based Adani Group for its mega aluminium project in Gujarat. The INR 10,000 crore project came to a standstill after the proposed partnership with China's Qingtongxia Aluminium Group failed to materialise.

It is learnt that Adani and Ashapura will equally own the JV. Adani Group will supply power to the energy intensive aluminium project through its 1,000 MW Mundra power project.

The project aims to set up facilities of producing 1 million tonnes of alumina in phase-I followed by a 0.5 million tonnes per annum aluminium smelter in the next. Ashapura has bauxite mines in Gujarat and has already applied to state mining company Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation for additional 2.5 million tonnes per annum of bauxite.

Bauxite is the raw material for the production of aluminium with alumina being the intermediate product. 3 tonnes of bauxite are refined into 1 tonne of alumina which in turn is smelted to produce half a tonne of aluminium metal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.