PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Could not agree more Peter. It seems to me that peace will not...

1. 2,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Could not agree more Peter. It seems to me that peace will not come before the Houthi are truly on their back feet. Right now we are seeing the Houthi avoiding yet another UN approach for peace to the point they are prepared to threaten international shipping by shutting the Red Sea. Peace seems unlikely given the Houthi don't show any signs of wanting peace.

What is happening, albeit very slowly, is a number of key parties abandoning the Houthis. From Salehs departure followed by the Yemen Republican Guard joining the coalition forces and even a Houthi commander changing sides this week the Houthi power base is being undermined.

The Houthis are loosing ground on many fronts and they have become very low on manpower hence the raids on schools and orphanages to boost troop numbers. Such is the need for more men/boys on the front line that the youngsters are receiving little training and little indoctrination as time does not permit. Many of these forced troops are surrendering to the coalition forces in an effort to get their lives/free will back.

My expectation is that coalition forces will continue to reclaim territory at a faster rate, limited by the extent of having to clear minefields left behind by the Houthis. Things will slow down when the Houthis are isolated at Sana'a. It will be hard to extract them as they entrench themselves amongst the civilian population.

I am no advocate of war but when one party has no sincere desire for peace I see little alternative. Hopefully a continuation of senior defections from the Houthi ranks force peace rather than the war dragging on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.