BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

bbi and beppa at parity, page-13

1. 3,885 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    G'day Pete,

thanks for the kind words, unnecessary as they are. I think the action has nothing to do with PD Ports. It will be bad for PD to lose a major tenant, but this is not certain yet.

Tesco will come on line in August, the new interlink service seems to be progressing well, maybe these will pick up the slack should the worse eventuate.

Remember PD Ports income was down due to factors such as drop off in refinery exports as well. The demand for energy, I think will increase in the future from its present state, which will also assist.

This is the benefit IMO that BBI is diversified. If they can get a sale away for DBCT at a good price, they can prop up other assets till the cycle turns. By surving today's crisis they will be well positioned for the future.
    Remeber future developments for PD include green energy, a Tesco supermarket to go along with the logistics development and a large housing development.

Potential buyers will know this when doing the sums, however the loss of a major tenant may delay any sales process. Only time will tell in this regard.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.