Just having a look at the BBI IPO and some numbers and thoughts :

Figures from below post from this link

Below figures in AUD

BBI Group :

Revenue : $158m Revenue

EBITDA : $48.66m

Profit : $32.62m

SPD (Swiss Precision Diagnostics)

Alere owned 50% share which will be transferred to BBI in the IPO (Make leading global pregnancy test Clearview)

Profit : $19.13m

SPD paid a very high dividend return in 2013 of $32.6m (This was Alere's 50% share)

BBI Diagnostics throught the IPO will also acquire AXIS SHIELD - ALERE acquired AXIS SHIELD in 2011 for $375m USD

I had a read of the AXIS SHIELD ANNUAL Report 2010 - Worth having a read - I have previously mentioned in other posts ALERES AFFINION CRP test - This is one of AXIS SHIELDS babies - This was experiencing solid growth so would be interesting to see what current figures are like.

AXIS SHIELD ANNUAL REPORT 2010

Definately interesting choices of businesses to bring under the BBI umbrella - Why? Firstly the SPD business with the HCG lateral flow assay and also the Point of Care business from AXIS SHIELD which was under the ALERE company but will now be part of BBI Diagnostics

BBI Diagnostics will include the following businesses, which Alere will transfer to BBI Diagnostics at the time of the offering:

(i) substantially all of the operations of the BBI Holdings group of companies, most notably its diversified reagent manufacturing business, as well as its biothreat detection and healthcare businesses;

(ii) the laboratory immunoassay business of the Axis-Shield group of companies;

(iii) Alere's 50% interest in Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH, or SPD, a leading supplier of home pregnancy and fertility testing products sold under the Clearblue® and other brands as well as under private label;

(iv) the First Check consumer diagnostics business; and

(v) the Bionote animal health diagnostics business.

Without knowing everything about current financials and the First Check and Bionote business I am going to guess at group PROFIT post IPO of somewhere between $50m-$75m AUD

This will be a very solid business group IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.