BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

bbi warns of wipeout threat, page-50

1. 438 Posts.
    hi Sam1
    I know you addressed this to Dargie and i am interested in his reply.
    For my 2c worth (LOL)
    IMHO ,If you have bought Beppa sub 10c there is a chance of seeing some return on your money LT, if the deal goes through.
    As BBI did not get an extension on trading halt,to preserve 7.8c share price,it becomes more uncertain.
    That announcement ,as i have said before, was designed to protect BBI management,and the cornerstone investor deal,lots of maybes,it does not hurt that it also a softening up process on holders to get the deal done.
    Why announce a proposal with very little substance about the deal in the announcement and expect the trading halt to be extended till they get the proposal up and running?
    IMO they did not approach the lenders first,because at that point there would have been a leak to the press about a cornerstone investor.
    IMO that would have sent the share price rocketing ,then if they announced a trading halt ,if lenders agree to deal, an extension of trading halt would be much more likely to occur and a much fairer outcome for holders may have been achieved and guess what,the cornerstone investor would have walked away from the deal.
    IMO they wanted trading halt now because around 6-8 cents share price was what they wanted to work with in the deal with the cornerstone investor.
    If share price now plummets ( the famous Dargie Death Spiral) because of no extension to trading halt,this also works in their favor to get the deal done with cornerstone investors,but to the determent of holders whose approval they may require.
    I have had the weekend to think about the announcement,which is why i waited ,a lot of panicking on friday.
    This has some way to play out and i would not like to think you were back on the cancer sticks,i cannot advise you of what to do,but health comes first.

cheers

I hold Beppa

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.