SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

I have been following this thread for a while and I think it is...

1. 46 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    I have been following this thread for a while and I think it is good to get people's opinion on the overall market direction.

I did sell a lot of my portfolio in early March and moved some capital into the BBOZ and BBUS. I did quite well for the initial few weeks and doubled my money. But got greedy expecting things would continue to get worse and sold out at a small loss as I was too late with selling and I wasn't able to change my own opinion because I was convinced I was right. I agree with others that BBUS is a short-term play only.

I think the main thing I learnt is that you are not going to predict the crash but if you are aware of the signs you can ride the wave down. I bought in on 3/03 and 6/03 after a few red days in a row and still made good coin riding the wave rather than predicting the crash. Even if there is a flash crash remember there are circuit breakers in the markets so it won't all be lost in 1 day.

It took me a few months to change my view to a bull market and since I entered back in I have been making some coin again. But did lose out by not jumping in. I remember seeing Afterpay under $10 and thinking it was good value but because I had the mindset the worst is still to come I didn't pull the trigger.

The big reason I am a bull at the moment is that people don't need to liquidate assets at the moment for cash. Interest on savings is low, so not an option, no bankruptcies at the moment and mortgage freezes so no need for liquidation of assets.

Once businesses and people need cash that's likely when the liquidation of assets will happen and the bubble will burst in my opinion. I think at this stage ride the bull market but be alert for the signs that the bull market is turning and then get ready with cash. But for the time being we will need to be patient.

Good luck all with your trading strategies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.