SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

@swaggytrader You hit the nail on the head regarding social...

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 884
    @swaggytrader

You hit the nail on the head regarding social media. This is the first market crash where "information" .aka propaganda, is spewed forth in truckloads by Twitter, FB, HC etc. , and it has a captive audience. Its a perfect vehicle for market makers to manipulate traders. Musk paid $44B for a propaganda machine. Like Hitler, and all the warmongers over the millenia, he knows such a tool is valuable..

It will probably test our perceptions of what we know of the past. Maybe we cant expect a rapid 18 month crash anymore, because as you say, the bulls and bears could be constantly switching sides based on the pap they read on social media. Thus the market might go sideways for a long time.

Im 50% in BBUS/SNAS (I mainly trade the NDX), and the other 50% as dry powder , but eventually I'll use it to top up my position to be all in 100% short.I shorted the FTSE on Thu too.

I feel that any level above where the indexes were in Jan 2020 is safe, because we have to get to that level first to negate the lunacy of the last 2 years. At that point we are still in an asset bubble. Global GDP was declining in Jan 2020, so once the indexes are back at that level, we can commence that downtrend again. The market actually expected a correction in 2016, but QE put paid to that. Diddums, no more QE now. Thats it.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool kosher bear and proud of it! Better stay off social media in case I change my mind....
    Last edited by Load: 03/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.