SP500 0.58% 2,958.8 standard & poor's 500

BBUS, page-13813

1. 1,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 190
    The ASX just had its best January in 40 years, in hindsight if you'd bought the right equities in October and held till now, you would have do well. A lot of the money sitting on the sidelines has flowed back in. The US market is what we're betting against. If you're taking a bet now, from an investment point of view you're gambling ( but I hold a long position because you just don't know when the next leg down will come). My hope is the US market rallies on the FOMC meeting ( Wednesday in the US) as I believe these current moves are unsustainable. I've been sitting on the sidelines watching the market chop, one day energy is in favour the next it's something else, rewarding, but risky at the same time. When I top up on BBUS I want to do it when I have full conviction, I want to see a big, sharp, FOMO rally! Maybe we'll see it in the next few days, but it depends if the FED uses hawkish language. IMHO the FED (and the institutions) want to destroy as many retail investors as they can. They will shake the market as hard as they can when the time is right. Russia and China want to bring the western world to its knees, the only feasible way to do that (that I can think of) is through energy, if they push up oil and gas they bring back inflation with a vengeance, their ultimate goal would be to destroy the US dollar without destroying their own currency, so watch this space. My belief is we can expect more chop, so patience and timing will be the key, the ones that want to bring the market down are going to wait until things look pretty good, I guess the best January in 40 years would qualify? Time will tell, but my belief is being long (equities) here is a mistake, and opening a new short position is also debatable. You will never go broke taking a profit or sitting on the sidelines.
    Last edited by swaggytrader: 31/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP500 (INDEXSP) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.